Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Come On In: An Interview With Husky Burnette On Real Deep Blues

Come On In: An Interview With Husky Burnette On Real Deep Blues
 
"Husky Burnette's Tales From East End Blvd has been re-released with four new songs- two covers and two originals, each played with Husky's signature grinding stomp and holler. I asked Husky for a run down of the tracks:



Best I Can is a fictional tune about the age old subject in Blues about having big women, ugly women, etc. 



Butter My Cornbread is straight up about getting it on. Nothing more, nothing else. Just sweating it out! 

Skinny Woman is an RL Burnside tune I've been playing since I started this solo thing. 

So Doggone Lonesome is a Johnny Cash cover. We worked it up as one of our 3 songs to play at a Johnny Cash Birthday Bash one year and we dug it so much that we wanted it recorded."