Monday, September 16, 2013

Husky Burnette Featured On Union City Now



Get your copy of Tales From East End Blvd by Husky Burnette 

Link to Husky Burnette being featured on Union City Now

"Husky Burnette is an internationally renowned bluesman fresh off the release of his new album "Tales From East End Blvd." He has spent all of September as a featured artist on iTunes and has been getting rave reviews from all over the world! On Friday, September 20, he is making a stop here in Union City!!! We were lucky to have an interview done by Donnie Wymer with Husky Burnette.

1. How did you get into the blues?


My two uncles steered me in the direction. I was heavily into 70's rock and hard rock growing up. I've always been one to seek out new music and a huge fan of all genres of music so once I started going backwards to see where it all came from I found the blues. It started with Chuck Berry and went from there.

2. Who are your biggest musical influences?


Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Roger Alan Wade, Gram Parsons, Guy Clark, Leon Russell, Chuck Berry, Jr. Walker & the Allstars, Rory Gallagher, Lee Michaels....there's just so many. I'm a lyric guy, so anything with what I consider to be bad ass, poetic writing inspires me also

3. What modern bands or artists are you currently listening to?

It depends on what you consider modern I guess. White Trash Blues Revival, Left Lane Cruiser, Carolina Still, JD Wilkes and The Dirt Daubers, Justin Townes Earle, Alvin Youngblood Hart, South Memphis String Band, Corey Harris, JD McPherson

4. Whats the best part of being a touring artist and the worst part?


Well, the best part is traveling around doing what you love for folks everywhere, not just in your hometown. Its a double plus: I love traveling, I love playing music. The exposure you get is a huge plus.

I'm not sure I can think up a worst part...other than mechanical failures with my van. I love doing what I do and wouldn't trade it for anything. Yea, sometimes situations or people or whatever may get to you emotionally but, at the end of the day I'm doing the one thing I'm passionate about the most and the main thing I've wanted to do since 7th grade.

5. You have been getting a lot of press recently since the release of your new album "Tales From East End Blvd", including being a featured artist on iTunes the past three weeks. What has the extra exposure been like for you?


It's been great. You always want that extra exposure, non-stop, when you're doing this music thing. Hell, you need it. Honestly, though, it hasn't been any different for me, other than a lot more "congratulations" and gaining new fans. I'm extremely happy with the way the album turned out and so is the label(Rusty Knuckles) and the studio(Rebel Roots Studio). And apparently some folks at iTunes are too! They(label and studio) all worked really hard on it so it's as much their "Win" as it is mine. The fans have been great and really receptive to the new album too, to say the least.

6. You will be playing here in Union City at Woodcrest Lanes on Friday, Sept. 20th. What can people expect from your live show?


(Expletive) energy, man. Raw, (expletive) energy with passion, no matter what style of blues we're doing. It's definitely not your basic blues! The new rhythm section I have backing me up these days is powerful and relentless, even on slow 12 Bar blues tunes. Just a damn good band.

7. Where can people find you and your music at on the web?


Husky Burnette Facebook is the fan page for tour dates, news, etc and Rusty Knuckles is where you can buy physical copies of the new album. And you'll also find it anywhere you can buy music digitally, worldwide, such as ITunes, Amazon, etc.


8. Is there anything you would like to add?


If you haven't checked out the new record, look it up! Along with all the other great bands' albums on the Rusty Knuckles label.

Keep supporting and seeking out REAL music. Period."


Husky Burnette featured on Union City Now