Monday, August 19, 2013

1931 Harley-Davidson VL Could Be Yours

Vintage bikes are an element of beauty to some, collector pieces to another and most of all if you plan to ride them regularly, be quite good with a wrench. Flathead motors have always looked great and that small power plant feels tiny in comparison to the bigger motors of today, but don't let horsepower get in the way of pure aesthetic. The older bikes had clean lines and very little extra in the way of accoutrements to clutter up their design. Seeing this bike on ebay makes me realize how I crave to have at least one Flathead and one Knucklehead in my quiver of rides.

1931 Harley-Davidson VL

1931 Harley-Davidson VL from the front

1931 Harley-Davidson VL from the right side

Perfect restoration bike

1931 Harley-Davidson VL over top view

Bid on this bike now

"Ok boys and girls, Here is your chance to own an a Antique Harley Davidson VL, that has been proven to be a great runner, as well as a show stopper. This machine would make a great contender for the 2014 Cannonball Run since it has been opened to 1936 and older bikes. Ride the cannon Ball with speed comfort this year. Its time to make way for another project, so I am offering my recently built 1931 Harley Davidson VL Bobber, in an eye-catching  paint scheme of Maroon and Cream  This VL  has a 1931 lower end, and a 1935 upper. This example was completed early in 2012. The bike has been ridden reliably as my daily rider, and has been on a few road runs, as well as to some cruise nights, and is fully operational in every aspect. It is geared for the highway and has no trouble cruising at 60MPH with power to spare. The frame and forks have not been cut up or modified. This could be restored to an AMCA points bike with the addition of a front fender and a few other pieces. The bike will be sold as-is where is, and no guarantee of any kind. I am not interested in any trades. Please look at the pictures and decide that you want an antique VL Harley-Davidson before placing your bids. I will do my best to answer all your questions in a timely manner, and can send additional pictures.

Please do no ask for my reserve. I will accept a $500.00 non-refundable deposit via paypal within 24 hours of the auction ending. The balance is to be Cash, Certified Check, or Wire Transfer, within 5 business days. I will release the title and rights to the motorcycle, when I am satisfied that the funds are in my bank and have cleared. I can make arrangements for , and  have the bike shipped to you, at your expense. Please, Serious buyers only!! No tire kickers, low-ballers or photo buffs, and last but not least, have all your finances in order before bidding. Thanks for looking and Good Luck!"