Thursday, May 31, 2012

Billy Don Burns and His Outlaw Friends

As yall know we are staunch supporters of Real Country Music and with Billy Don Burns amazing new album coming out July 10th, its time for the world to realize the impact he as had on Real Country Music. Have a listen...

"I picked Johnny up at the airport across the Ohio river from Cincinnatti. I gave Johnny the white shirt and members only jacket that he has on. He looked pretty ruff. Then we drove through the freezing rain to Hillsboro Ohio. The Ohio State Police took him when we pulled into the court house. The shirt Johnny has on at th CCI concert is an Outlaw at the Cross shirt, a song that Mack Vickery and I wrote, RIP Mack. The young man walking behind Johnny in the prison is me with the black Paycheck 88 cap on and the black and yellow plaid shirt. This is the only time I ever saw Johnny close the show with a song other than "Take this job and Shove it" He closed this prison show with a song that I wrote "Chillicothe You Got a Hold on Me". RIP Johnny."
 - Billy Don Burns





Billy Don Burns new album - Nights When I'm Sober, Portrait Of A Honky Tonk Singer - out July 10th 2012